The purpose of the policy is to regulate the guidelines to review and decide the acceptance/denial of the manuscripts submitted to the journal of Korean Society for Emotion and Sensibility, "Korean Journal of the Science of Emotion & Sensibility."
1.The editor appoints one editorial staff member of the corresponding area after reviewing if the form and contents of the submitted manuscript is appropriate or not.
2. The editorial staff member in charge manages the review procedures by appointing three reviewers who are professionals in the related major field of study.
1.The editorial staff needs to send a blinded manuscript to be reviewed, manuscript submission policy and review policy, the form of review, etc. to appointed reviewers by email.
2. The prescribed review fee will be paid to the reviewers.
1.In case of the first review, the reviewer needs to send the "Manuscript Review Form" after filling it out within two weeks after receiving the review request. In case of the re-review, it is necessary to send the review result within one week.
2. When the reviewer does not send the "Manuscript Review Form" within two weeks after receiving the review request, the editorial board will send the primary reminder; if the reviewer still does not send the "Manuscript Review Form" within one week after receiving the reminder, the editor can cancel the appointment of that reviewer.
3. The reviewer whose appointment is canceled needs to immediately return all of the review documents to the editorial board of this society.
Based on the review evaluation standard, the reviewer needs to return the "Manuscript Review Form", in which the evaluation is performed based on one of the following items, with the manuscript to the editorial board of this society.
1) Publish as it is
2)Publish after the revision: Without the re-review, the revised matters need to be confirmed by the editorial board
3)Re-review after the revision: The major revision of the main contents is necessary; therefore, it is necessary to request the re-review to the reviewer who requested the re-review.
4)Do not publish: The submitted manuscript is not suitable to the science of emotion and sensibility area; if the manuscript does not satisfy more than 2 items among evaluation about validity, creativity, and research method, it will be decided as "do not publish." When it is decided as "do not publish," the valid reason must be concretely suggested.
1. The editorial staff in charge needs to submit the "Final Opinion Form of Editorial Staff" to the editorial board after deciding one of "Publish as it is," "Publish after the revision," "Re-review after the revision," and "Do not publish" based on the review results of all reviewers.
2. If the finial opinion of the editorial staff in charge is "Re-review after the revision," it is necessary to ask the author to reply about the revision of the manuscript and the review the revised manuscript and answer sheet submitted needs to be re-reviewed.
3. If more than one of the reviewers decide as "Do not publish," that manuscript will be decided as "Do not publish" regardless other two reviewers' evaluation.
4. If more than two items from the evaluation about validity, creativity, and research method could not get intermediate level and above by one of the reviewers, it will be decided as "Do not publish."
1. The editorial staff of this society makes the final decision of the publication based on the opinion of "Final Opinion Form of Editorial Staff" submitted by the editorial staff in charge.
2. When the contributor does not submit the revised manuscript within three months after being requested to revise the manuscript without any valid reason, the editorial board will assume that the author gives up the manuscript publication.
The editorial board sends the "Notification of the Review Result" to the author within seven days after deciding if the manuscript will be published or not.
1. The contributor can raise an objection about the review opinion of the reviewer and the final review decision of the editorial board; if it is decided that there are valid reasons, the editorial board of this society can reflect the opinion of the contributor.
2. When one of the reviewers decide as "Do not publish" if there is a formal objection of the contributor; it is possible to conduct the manuscript review by appointing the third reviewer if the editorial staff in charge acknowledges that it is reasonable after examining that contents.
It is prohibited to disclose any information related to the manuscript review to others.
This policy is effective from December 10, 2008.