Article 1 (Purpose) The purpose of this policy is to establish the research ethics of the researcher conducting research as a member of Korean Society for Emotion and Sensibility, Incorporated Association (hereinafter referred to as "society"), prevent the research misconduct in advance, and regulate the matters to fairly and systematically inspect and treat the truth when any research misconducts occur.
Article 2 (Applied target and range) This policy is applied to the business and people related to the business managed by the member of the society as well as the society.
Article 3 (Range of the research misconduct)
① The research misconduct (hereinafter referred to as "misconduct") refers to counterfeiting, falsification, plagiarism, improper manuscript authorship, duplication of data, public misrepresentation, etc. performed in manuscript publication application, manuscript publication and conference, research proposal, research performance, report and presentation of the research results, etc. as specified in each of the following Numbers. However, the cases by the minor mistake or the difference from interpretation or judgment about data or research result will be an exception.
1. "Counterfeiting" refers to the act untruthfully making the unexciting research result, data, etc.
2. "Falsification" refers to the act artificially manipulating the research materials, equipment, procedures, etc. or distorting the research contents or result by intentionally changing or deleting.
3. "Plagiarism" refers to the act pirating others' idea, research contents or results, etc. without any reasonable approval or citation.
4. "Improper manuscript authorship" refers to the act not assigning the authorship to the person who makes the scientific/technical contribution or involvement about the research contents or results without any valid reason or assigning the authorship to the person who does not make any scientific/technical contribution or involvement with the reason of the expression of the appreciation or respect treatment.
5. "Duplication of data" refers to the act republishing or publishing the author's already published data without any valid approval or citation.
6. "Public misrepresentation" refers to the act falsely representing own education, career, qualification, research achievement and results, etc.
7. The range of the misconduct includes the act suggesting, forcing, or threatening the other to do the acts of Number 1 or Number 4 or the act noticeably getting out from the range generally accepted.
② Besides the misconduct specified in the policy of Article 1, the misconduct that is judged to be autonomously inspected or prevented can be included in the contents of Article 3, section 1.
Article 4 (Research ethics on experiment procedures)
① The experiment targeting the human beings needs to be performed according to the Helsinki declaration; if it is possible, it is necessary to be approved by the corresponding ethics board (Institutional Review Board; IRB); on the manuscript, it should be clarified that the participants of the experiment understand the experiment contents and participate in the experiment after filling out the participation consent form.
② The study using the experimental animal needs to be applied by the NIH Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals established in National Institutes of Health, minimize the pain of the experimental animal at each experimental step, and describe various procedures for this on the manuscript.
Article 5 (Affiliation) The research ethics board (hereinafter referred to as "board") sets up the permanent committee in the society editorial board.
Article 6 (Organization)
① The board consists of more than five committees including one chair in principle.
② The society editor also serves as the chair; the president appoints the committee members among the society editorial staff.
③ The board can have the special committee to review the special matters.
④ The board can have the small board consisting of 3~5 committee members to perform some part of the task.
Article 7 (Term of office) The term of office of the chair and committee members is the same with that of the corresponding editor and editorial staff.
Article 8 (Task) The board will deliberate and decide the matter of each of the following Numbers.
1. Matter of the establishment and management of the system related to research ethics/truth
2. Matter of the misconduct information and the designation of the department to treat that
3. Matter of starting the preliminary investigation and main investigation and approving the investigation result
4. Matter of protecting the informant and taking action to recover of the examinee's honor
5. Matter of the treatment and the follow-up action of the research truth inspection result
6. Other committee's decisions and matters offered by the chair
Article 9 (Meeting)
① The chair convenes a meeting of the committee and becomes a convener.
② The meeting can make a decision by the majority attendance and the agreement of more than 2/3 of the attended committee members. When the chair acknowledges that the case for consideration is minor, the written consideration can be replaced. When the board acknowledges the necessity, the opinion from others can be listened.
Article 10 (Protection of the Informant's right)
① The informant refers to the person who reports the fact recognizing the misconduct or related evidence.
② The informants can report using all of the possible ways including oral statement, written form, telephone, e-mail, etc. and need to use their own name in principle. However, the anonymous information also should be handled in accordance with the information with real name if the information contains the research project title or manuscript title and the concrete contents and evidence about the misconduct in written for or email.
③ There is an obligation to protect the informant not to receive the disadvantage such as disciplinary, improper pressure, harm, etc., and the measures for this is also necessary.
④ When the informants want to know the inspection procedures in process and schedules after reporting the misconduct, they can request to the society inform them; the society needs to sincerely respond.
⑤ The informant, who already know or could know that the reporting contents are false but reports them, will be excluded from the target to be protected.
Article 11 (Protection of examinee' right)
① The examinee refers to the person who becomes a target to be inspected for the misconduct by the information or the recognition of the society or the person who becomes a target assumed to have participated in the misconduct during the inspection performing procedure; the testifier or witness in the investigation procedure will not be included in this.
② The society needs to be cautious not to invade the honor or right of the examinee until the inspection about the misconduct is completed and make an effort to recover the honor of the examinee who is judged as free from suspicion.
③ The suspicion of the misconduct should not be disclosed to the outside before the judgment result is confirmed.
④ The examinee can request the society to inform the misconduct inspection procedures and schedules to treat; the society should sincerely respond.
Article 12 (Prescription of truth inspection)
① The misconduct reported more than five years ago from the receiving date of the information does not be treated in principle although the information is received.
② In spite of the misconduct happened five years ago, if the examinee used the result by directly re-citing for the follow-up study plan, research funding application, research performance, and the report and presentation of the research result; if the serious danger occurs or could occur; it should be treated.
Article 13 (Procedures of truth inspection)
① The inspection procedures of the misconduct should be performed in stages of preliminary investigation, main investigation, and judgment.
② The investigation can be conducted including the additional procedure judged that it is necessary besides the inspection procedures of Section 1.
Article 14 (Term and method of the preliminary investigation)
① The preliminary investigation should be started within 15 days after receiving the information and be completed within 30 days after starting the investigation, and be approved by the board.
In the preliminary investigation, the inspection about each of the following Numbers should be performed.
1. Whether the contents of the information are applied to the misconduct specified in Article 3, Section 1 or not; violate the research ethics of Article 4 or not.
2. Whether the contents of the information have the necessity and actual advantage of this investigation or not since it is concrete and clear
3. Whether the date receiving the information passes five years from the initial date in reckoning of the prescription.
② The preliminary investigation is conducted by the research ethics board; if it is necessary, the additional small committee can be organized; it is also possible to ask the expert who is not in the same affiliation with the examinee.
Article 15 (Report of the preliminary investigation result)
① The report of the preliminary investigation result should be notified as a document to the institution supporting the research as well as the informant within 10 days after receiving the approval of the board.
However, if the informant is anonymous, the notification for the informant can be skipped.
② In the report of the preliminary investigation result, each of the following Numbers should be included:
1. Concrete contents of the information and personal information of the informant
2. Suspicion of the misconduct that becomes the target of the investigation and the related research project
3. Whether the main investigation is conducted or not; basis of the judgment
4. Other related evidential materials
Article 16 (Starting the main investigation/term)
① The main investigation should be started within 30 days after the board approves the preliminary investigation result; during this period, the committee (hereinafter referred to as "investigation committee") to conduct the main investigation should be organized.
② The main investigation including the judgment should be completed within 90 days after beginning the investigation.
③ If the investigation committee judges that the investigation cannot be completed within the period of Section 2, it is possible to request to extend the investigation period by explaining the reason.
Article 17 (Organizing the investigation committee)
① The investigation committee consists of more than three members.
② The investigation committee should include more than two people with the professional knowledge and plentiful experience on the corresponding area.
③ To secure fairness and objectivity, it is possible to appoint external person who is not affiliated in the society.
④ It is prohibited to include the person concerned with the corresponding matter in the investigation committee.
⑤ The investigation committee should notify the investigation committee list to the informant before starting the main investigation; when the informant raises reasonable objections related to the evasion about the investigation committee, it is necessary to accept this.
Article 18 (Request of attendance and data submission)
① The investigation committee can ask the informant, examinee, witness and testifier to attend for the testimony.
② The investigation committee can ask the examinee to submit the data and secure/keep the data, which is submitted by the person related to the misconduct to the society, and other previously published data to preserve the evidential materials.
③ The examinee requested to attend and submit the data must accept this.
Article 19 (Exclusion/evasion and avoidance)
① If the committee member is directly related to the corresponding matter, it is necessary to be excluded from that duty performance.
② The committee decides the exclusion by its authority and application of the person directly concerned.
③ If there is any reason not to expect the fairness of the duty performance, the informant and the investigator can apply the evasion. However, it is not possible to evade more than two committee members for the same matter.
④ The committee member can avoid by approval of the chair if there are any reasons of Section 1 or Section 3.
Article 20 (Formal objection and right assurance of the argument)
The investigation committee should equally assure the statement of opinion, formal objection, and the right and opportunity of the argument to the informant and the examinee.
Article 21 (Submission of the final report of the investigation result)
① The investigation committee should submit the final report of the investigation result (hereinafter referred to as the "final report") based on the opinion statement, formal objection, and argument contents to the committee.
② The final report should include each matter of the following Numbers:
1. Information contents
2. Misconduct suspicion of the investigation target, related manuscript, presented manuscript, conference presentation materials and other research project
3. Whether the role of the examines and the suspicion in the corresponding research project is true or not
4. Related evidence and witness
5. Formal objection of the informant and the examinee about the investigation result or the argument contents and the treatment result about that
6. The list of the committee members
Article 22 (Judgment)
After receiving the approval of the board, the investigation committee determines the investigation contents and results of the final report and notifies these to the informant and the examinee.
Article 23 (Measures about the result)
① The board can suggest the president the disciplinary measures for the person who conducts an act corresponding to each of the following Numbers:
2. Acts intentionally interrupting the investigation about self or other's misconduct suspicion or causing the informant any harm
② The matters related to the disciplinary measures are followed by the related policy among the articles of association of the society.
Article 24 (Preservation and disclosure of the record)
The record related to the preliminary investigation and the main investigation should be preserved in the investigation committee should be preserved for five years after the termination of the investigation.
Although the final report can be disclosed after the judgment is completed, the information related to the personal information such as the list of the informant, investigation committee, witness, testifier, person participating in the consultation can be excluded from the disclosure target if there are any possibilities to give the disadvantage to the person directly concerned.
1.This policy is effective from December 22, 2008.